Application for Catering Licence


Under the Public Health and Municipal Services Ordinance (Cap.132), Section 31(1) (b) and 33C of Food Business Regulation(Cap.132) and other relevant legislations, the operator of a restaurant must apply the application of food license to the licensing authority before opening a restaurant.

The ultimate licensing organization is Food and Environmental Hygiene Department which divided licencesinto two types:

Food Licence: including General Restaurant (GR) and Light Refreshment Restaurant(LRR) which provideon-site seating, and can apply for liquor licence

Other licence(non-Food Licence): including takeaway service of Cooked food, Food factory, SiuMei, Sushi & Sashimi shop, Fresh provision shop, Factory canteen. Other licence(except Factory canteen) cannot provide on-site seating, and cannot apply for liquor licence.

Government Department which relatedto application for catering licence
-Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
-Building Department -Fire Services Department-Electrical and Mechanical Services Department -Lands Department-Planning Department
-Environmental Protection Department
-Water Supplies Department